Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Mom Update #6

Mom is deeply immersed in her chemo treatment side effects. She had a full week of chemo a week before last. This past week she developed sores in her throat and down her esophagus. She is unable to eat and drink. Yesterday, finally, I took her down and they pumped her full of fluids for about 3 hours. She went back in today for more fluids. She starts another week of chemo next Monday and then will have 2 weeks off then do one more week after that and then have a 2 week break before starting radiation. Being unable to eat leaves her weak and very tired. A combination of not eating and the meds make her very sleepy and she sleeps most of the day.

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating. I want so much to help you with this. I just don't know how. Let me know what I can do, anything. I am here.

    ReplyDelete