Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Addi-isms

Addison Jo - 2 years, 8 months old going on 17


Addison said to me, "When I get big will you get little?"

Dylan and Addi met my friend Jackie and her boys at the splash park in Linda Vista the other day. There is a giant bird whose beak fills up with water and then dumps out. I guess Addi was scared of the "big bird." We drove past the park today and I asked her if that is the big bird she was afraid of. She said, "Yes", in her shaky, scared voice. I said, "well, honey, it is only a toy, he can't hurt you." She said, "uh-huh. It dumps water on kids. It gets us kids all wet!"



Her favorite word is crazy. Everyone, everything, and anything you do is "crazy". She always says while shaking her head, "Oh crazy you."

"Mom, I'm serious."

She can pretty much correctly pronounce all words. Even words like, graduation and patella! One word she says in her own way is Cinderella. She says "Inderbrella".

She still gets really embarrassed really easily. If you tell a cute or funny story about her and she over hears, she gets really sad and says, "Don't laugh at me."

She is still really shy around new people or in big groups of people. She hides behind Dylan or I or gets really clingy and hides her face.

We always knew she would be a talker. But, boy. This girl doesn't stop talking from the very second she wakes up until bed at night.

One of her most favorite phrases to repeat a million times is, "What is you doing?"

"No, I don't want my hairs cut. It hurts."

"Yah, me do!"

She still changes her "owfit" hourly! She is going to be a very expensive teenager!

She stuffs towels under her shirt or puts a baby doll under her shirt. When I ask her what she is doing she says, "Look mommy, it's a baby!"

2 comments:

  1. Loved getting caught up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget how she sings "I love you, you love me, we a happy famawee." the hug, the kiss! I love singing it with her. One of the only songs I know the lyrics to!

    ReplyDelete