Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Log Haven

Last February, for Valentine's Day, Dylan bought us a gift certificate to eat at Log Haven, a beautiful restaurant that is tucked away in the Mill Creek Canyon. Last night we finally got around to going! One of Addison's most favorite people of all, cousin Madi, came over and played with Addi while Dylan and I slipped away for a quite evening, just the two of us.















I posted on my Facebook page that we "Got all dressed up for a fancy night out!" The funny thing is I say we "got all dressed up" when in reality; Dylan wore shorts, his Choco's, and a button up shirt and all I did was put a bra on, a shirt without Addison goop on it, and wore some uncomfortable pointy shoes! I look at it this way, the more uncomfortable my feet are, the more dressed up I consider it!

































The restaurant is nestled up against a moss and fern covered hill. We sat outside on the patio next to the water fall that is coming off the hill! It was very romantic. Our waitress was really nice and a little bizarre, in a goofy good way. She was from Zimbabwe and had moved to Georgia as a kid. You can only imagine how cool her accent was!

To give you a sense of how insanely high class this place is, the waitress starts off the meal by bringing us each an "AMUSE-BOUCHE". Yah, that's right, a tiny French appetizer. Of course the only reason I knew we were supposed to eat the green goop and not wash our faces with it, is because of my go-to life-guide, the T.V. show, "Friends"! It actually was a delicious scoop of mint sorbet topped with a yummy white frosting of some sort! Dylan said, "You know a place is great when they bring you dessert first!!"


After our amuse bouche we were brought an actual appetizer, a yummy chicken bon-bon served with little fancy noodles all wrapped together in rice paper! It was soooo good! We then shared a fancy salad, that was so pretty you hated to eat it! Oh, but we did!! Throughout the meal we were brought cheese bread rolls! Yes they were heavenly. After all of this food amazing pre-meal food we were brought the main course!


Dylan ordered the pork special and I ordered the bison rib eye steak. My meal was completed with fried brussel sprouts and gourmet french fries! The menu said it was one bison steak but I think they made a mistake a brought me an entire bison thigh!

It was all so delicious, however, Dylan and I said we eat this eloquently at Dave and Em's! We said multiple times how hard it was to pay so much for food that looks and darn near tastes as good as Dave's!



The evening was really great! It is insane for us to spend that kind of money on a meal, especially at this point in our lives, but it was worth it and a needed get away for Dylan and I. Dylan deserves one awesome meal a year, especially after eating my cooking for so long!!

I love you babe! Thanks for a special night!

3 comments:

  1. Dave will be humbled by that. Thanks Guys. The atmosphere definitely beat our place!! I am glad you guys got to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pointy shoes! Also, I really like the description of what you ate... sounds so yummy! Glad you guys could do that and make a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two know how to live. Keep it up. You are a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete