Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

'me do me self'

We are here –at the "I can do anything and everything myself" stage. About 300 times a day I hear his little voice proclaim, "me do me self." We try, hard. Some things he does very well "his self" and other things, not so much. Those not-so-much moments often end it a tiny ball of Landon rolling, screaming and thrashing on the ground, shrieking in self-let down and frustration.  Whatever we set out to do I have to be sure to leave at least 10 extra prep minutes to allow for "me do me selfs". I love watching him try and I often bite-my-tongue to keep from saying 'hurry-up'. I feel so bad after hurrying a "me-do-me-self" moment. I love watching him learn and try new things, even when it takes twice as long. 'Me-do-me-self moments include, but are certainly not limited to –climbing into his car seat and buckling it, gathering eggs (breaking at least one every time!), making mac 'n cheese, riding his four-wheeler,  driving the tractor, climbing into the Jeep, driving the snowmobile (are you sensing a motor-theme), choosing and zipping his coat, measuring the flour (onto the floor!), putting on his shoes and socks, pouring his cereal, and the list is never-ending. His little independent self is developing and quickly he is changing from little boy Landon into a very strong-willed, determined, big-kid Landon.





No comments:

Post a Comment