Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Not a professional photograher...yet

I was excited to apply for a part time photography job only to be disappointed once again. The job was for an entry-level photographer, taking school pictures! I was so excited to apply and even more excited when I got back from floating the river and I had a message saying they wanted to set up an interview with me. I called the women back and she started telling me the job requires traveling around Montana and Northern Idaho and at least two overnight trips a week. What was upsetting was the ad said 30 hours a week, up to 40 hours if you want the hours and it mentioned occasional travel, but nothing about two overnight trips a week required. Even if it would work with Dylan's schedule, I don't want to be away from Addison during the day let alone overnight at least two nights a week. Other than the traveling, the job sounded really great. I think I would have really enjoyed it.

If the ad would have been honest I wouldn't have spent the hour and a half submitting my cover letter and resume!

3 comments:

  1. Not ment to be, but Dave's still got that job opening he mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So frustrating! It is a lot of work to even apply for jobs. Hope you find one that fits your needs real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey brandi!! this is a great website thing, i love it!
    i know that around this time a lot of seniors are looking for people to take senior portraits...some people charge pretty crazy prices for a single sitting too...i think the most i've heard is like 600. i don't know, this just reminded me of that if you like taking pictures. haha.
    lena

    ReplyDelete